Monday, July 11, 2011

Southampton dock workers sentenced for cigarette crime

Christopher Gregory, 41, from Romsey, and Stephen Le Carpentier, 43, from Southampton, pleaded guilty to evading £27,000 of duty.

They were arrested on 17 November 2010 after port security staff saw them loading the cigarettes, thrown from a berthed container ship, into a van.

Both men have since been sacked.

The pair were also given 250 hours of community service each.

John Cooper, HM Revenue and Customs, said: "Their actions would have undercut honest retailers and deprived the UK of vital public funds.

"We will continue to work closely with the port authorities and police to root out this kind of illegal activity and disrupt criminal operations wherever possible."

1 comment:

  1. YOU THAT HAVE THAT BLOG YOU ARE A FUCKING CUNT

    YOU ARE FUCKING CRAZY ASSHOLE

    NO ONE SEES YOUR BLOG ONLY ME AND I WROTE SOME THINGS AND YOU DIDEN'T REPLY. I HOPE YOU FUCKING DIE IN HELL.

    I FUCK YOU AND YOUR MOTHER AND YOUR FUCKING FATHER

    GO SMOKE NOW BUT I PROMISE TO GOD I WIIL FUCKING FIND YOU AND I WIIL TEAR YOU ARART


    FUCKING AMERICANS YOU ARE GOING ALL TO DIE

    ReplyDelete